Toenail fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is an extremely common problem. Its symptoms include inflammation, lump, yellowing, thickening or falling apart of the nail. This is usually not agonizing unless the infection stretches.
The fungus tends to thrive under certain conditions, such as abnormal ph level levels of the skin area, a weakened immune system, continuous contact with a humid environment including sweaty shoes and socks, poor cleanliness and diabetes.
If still left untreated, toenail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the toenail. The good thing is that toenail fungus is curable and can be treated cheaply. Various natural home remedies can cure the disease in a single or two months. To know how to get rid of toenail fungus, you can have a look at methods mentioned below:
1) Oil of Oregano
Oil of oregano contains antiseptic, antibacterial, antiparasitic, antiviral, analgesic and antifungal properties. Hence, it is considered as an effective treatment for toenail fungus. To prepare it we need to consider following steps:
1) Mix two drops of oil of oregano in one teaspoon of olive oil.
2) Apply this mixture on the affected.
3) Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
4) Rinse it off and dry your toes thoroughly.
2) White Vinegar
White vinegar is one of the most important ingredients i.e. use to cure toenail fungus. This is so because it fights the infection and helps restore the skin’s pH. To prepare it we need to consider following steps:
1) Mix a spoon of white vinegar with a spoon of warm water.
2) Soak the affected toenail in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off and dry the area.