We often think of redoing the placement of switchboards and appliances in our house to give it a fresh new look. However, we seldom pay attention to the quality of wiring that we are using in our houses. Did you know that if you use inferior electrical house wiring then your appliances could short and cause a fire in the house? A lot of cables are made of inferior quality materials which make your appliances susceptible to fires.
Below are a few tips on home wiring:
- Before getting right down to rewiring your switchboard or house, have a talk to your electrician. Old houses experienced wirings in the tree system as the newer ones use the diamond ring system. Redoing of house electrical wiring would depend a lot on the sort of house you live in. You can also contact to Surge Protector connection Sydney if you are living in Sydney.
- Therefore, you should find out the sort of wiring you have at home by consulting an electrician. Listen to what he has to say but do not rely upon him fully carefully. Conduct some background research on your own too.
- Get a power wiring map done on your home so you know where it is possible to include a switchboard or remove one.
- Most homes have a central point that all cables originate. This is located near the key fuse box of the house usually. Post yours here too, as it might be more comfortable to cope with ReWorks of house wiring.
- Colour code the tube and wires them so that it is better to rewire your home. Usually, there are three lines that result from a socket- the red one indicating the active line or the line by which current travels, the blue one designed for neutral and the green or yellow one is intended for earthing. Knowing which colourcolor what would make it easier that you can work on the energy supplied to your dwelling.