Gastric sleeve surgery has existed for years and has quickly turn into a common weight loss surgery method. Gastric sleeve procedure is in addition known by other names including Sleeve Gastroplasty, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Up and down gastroplasty, Gastric Reduction, Greater Curvature Gastrectomy in addition to Parietal Gastrectomy.
For patients having a higher BMI, bariatric surgeons would usually advise gastric sleeve surgery as this can be a minimal risk procedure that can be executed laparoscopically. Previously gastric sleeve surgery seemed to be performed as first procedure in the toe part weight loss procedure but today Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy is performed as standalone procedure capable of producing related results like other bariatric surgical treatments including lap band. If you want to know more about the advantages of gastric sleeve surgery then you should hop on to thesleevecenter.
1. Unlike lap band surgery for weight reduction no foreign device is implanted inside the abdomen.
2. Minimal invasive procedure and not require altering/cutting of intestines.
3. Positive results with up to 30 – 60% loss excessively within one year.
4. Great choice for patients with existing health concerns like Crohn's disease, Lupus, anemia for example. Such patients are not recommended for other weight reduction surgeries.
5. Minimum risk pertaining to patients with higher BMI.
6. Patient do not require less nutritional supplements in comparison with gastric bypass surgery
7. No strict eating plan, patients can consume most from the food items in small volumes.
8. In case of insufficient weight reduction or gain in weight following surgery other type of surgeries can be executed.